We Are MRM//McCann
MRM//McCann is a multi-award winning integrated, digital and direct marketing agency. We focus on creating meaningful connections between brands and their customers and we achieve this by having all the right people in one place and working with clients and agencies in a spirit of total collaboration.
As part of MRM Worldwide which is, in turn, part of McCann World Group, we have all of the benefits of being part of a world-class network while retaining the culture and entrepreneurial spirit of a smaller agency.
About the Technology Team
You will be joining a passionate team of software engineering professionals and will be encouraged to take ownership and pride in your work. You will have the opportunity to work with new technologies, methodologies and ideas to deliver an exciting range of projects for our portfolio of high-profile clients. Using agile development methodologies and communication tools you’ll be involved in architecting and building scalable solutions, using technology and data in innovative ways to deliver creative solutions designed to meet client business challenges.
We are looking for a talented PHP web developer to work with our in-house team of software engineers in the production of PHP web solutions. We have a growing portfolio of PHP based application which require support and maintenance. In addition we are constantly adding new features to these products. Your role will be to troubleshoot issues and support the platforms as well as design and architect new features to integrate with the systems. Critically we are looking for a good communicator who can work with colleagues in the business and with 3rd party technicians to ensure project success.
You will be supported by a full team, including Technical Lead, Front-end development, Quality Assurance practitioners and Project Management working within a larger agency team spanning Strategic planning, User Experience and Creatives.
Reporting to the PHP Technical Architect, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Understand technical problems; design, code and manage the solutions
- Design, build and support applications
- Create, test and deploy new features
- Optimise legacy code and troubleshoot coding issues
- Follow efficient ways of working and best practice standards
- Produce technical documentation to describe systems and architecture
- Work with other teams within the company, such as Creative, Project Management and UX departments, to provide technical insight and develop realistic solutions
- Work with third party technical partners to collaborate on delivering projects
- Spread enthusiasm for technology in the company
- Contribute opinions and ideas for applying new and emerging technologies and ways of working
Who You Are
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Expert knowledge of PHP7 and MySQL
- Knowledge of the Zend Framework 2
- A solid understanding of OOP and MVC architecture
- Proficient with web services
- A firm understanding of Linux
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- At home with GIT
- Experience of working with ORMs
- Experience of software-testing practices (performance, stress, unit, regression etc.)
- Experience of standard software-development lifecycles and project-management methodologies (such as Agile).
- Used to writing technical documentation and keeping it up to date
- Understanding of what XSS, SQL Injection and CSRF are and how to prevent them.
- Experience of working in a digital agency
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Drupal 8
- Experience with other programming languages such as Java, Ruby etc
Our Agency Values and Behaviors
MRM//McCann is its people. You help make the agency an enjoyable and successful place to work. Like our people, the agency has distinct characteristics, a personality and values that set us apart in our industry. The 5 C’s below explain our Values and what they mean in terms of what we stand for as an organization and what we look for in you.
- Can Do – we expect our employees to have and demonstrate a very positive attitude to life and to want to strive to find solutions, stretching outside of their comfort to help achieve positive outcomes. This isn’t about saying ‘yes’ but about being willing to find ways around problems and offering alternative solutions.
- Curious – we employ people who are naturally curious about business, consumers and the world around them. We are passionate about exploring and expanding our knowledge and understanding it is this that brings new thinking and drives value for the agency and our clients
- Collaboration – we have a culture of mutual respect and we genuinely believe that good ideas come from anywhere. We recognise that a great team is made up of different personalities with differing strengths and beliefs – we listen to others and respect their ideas and opinions; we challenge with respect and objectivity; we are proud to be part of a team
- Commercial– it is everyone’s responsibility to keep a keen eye on business and to create value for the agency and our clients alike. We appreciate strong commercial acumen and expect every individual to take responsibility for helping the agency meet its commercial objectives.
- Creative – we ask our teams to always try and see the world from different perspectives, to be able to step away from the everyday view and take inspiration from elsewhere to come up with ideas, solutions and new ways of doing things
We expect our employees to take time to understand, respect and support our core values, using them as guiding principles for how we do things at MRM//McCann
AT MRM, RELATIONSHIP IS OUR MIDDLE NAME
MRM//McCann is a leading customer relationship agency that leverages the power of creativity, the beauty of data, and the magic of technology to nurture, encourage and sustain strong relationships between brands and their customers – in turn, creating meaningful experiences for people, while driving business results.
We employ the most innovative talent in the industry to digitally drive the transformation of our clients’ businesses and provide creative solutions to help brands grow meaningful relationships with people.
Do you excel when working in a team? Are you fascinated by the endless possibilities that technology brings to marketing? Are you ready to transform our world?
If so, you will thrive in our culture based on the Important Things We Believe (I.T.W.B.s):
1. Ideas power everything
2. We’re Better Together
3. We’ll figure it out
4. Complexity can be managed
5. It only counts if we deliver
6. Technology is magic
|Job Category||Web Developer|